- Title: FCKEditor 2.6.8 ASP Version File Upload Protection bypass
- Credit goes to: Mostafa Azizi, Soroush Dalili
- Link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/fckeditor/files/FCKeditor/
There is no validation on the extensions when FCKEditor 2.6.8 ASP version is
dealing with the duplicate files. As a result, it is possible to bypass
the protection and upload a file with any extension.
- Reference: http://soroush.secproject.com/blog/2012/11/file-in-the-hole/
- Solution: Please check the provided reference or the vendor website.
- PoC: http://www.youtube.com/v/1VpxlJ5jLO8?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0&vq=hd720
Duplicate files do not have proper validation on their extensions.
As a result, it is possible to upload any file with any extension on the server by using Null Character.
Applications on IIS6 can also use "file.asp;gif" pattern.
- Solution: In "config.asp", wherever you have: ConfigAllowedExtensions.Add "File","EXTENSION HERE" Change it to: ConfigAllowedExtensions.Add "File","^(Extensions HERE)$"
- Vulnerability: Vulnerable File: commands.asp Function: FileUpload() Vulnerable Code: sFileName = RemoveExtension( sOriginalFileName ) & "(" & iCounter & ")." & sExtension
Note: Quick patch for FCKEditor 2.6.8 File Upload Bypass:
In “config.asp”, wherever you have:
ConfigAllowedExtensions.Add “File”,”Extensions Here”
Change it to:
ConfigAllowedExtensions.Add “File”,”^(Extensions Here)$”