Exploit Author: bzyo
Exploit Title: WebLog Expert Enterprise 9.4 - Privilege Escalation
Vulnerable Software: WebLog Expert Enterprise 9.4
Vendor Homepage: https://www.weblogexpert.com/
Software Link: https://www.weblogexpert.com/download.htm
Tested On: Windows 7 x86 and x64
By default WebLog Expert Enterprise 9.4 runs scheduled tasks under Local System account.
If WebLog Expert Schedule Service is installed by an administrator, regular users have the
ability to run tasks as Local System.
1. Login as regular user where WebLog Expert and WebLog Expert Schedule Service are installed
2. Open WebLog Expert and then Schedule
3. Select Add, Next, choose 'Sample - HTML' under Profile, Next
4. Check 'Run command...' box, fill in 'Command' and 'Run in' as listed below
Run in: C:\Windows\System32\
5. Select Next, Finish, Highlight New Task, select Run Now
6. Pop-up will appear in taskbar that reads 'A program running on this computer is trying to display a message'
7. Select 'View the message'
8. Command prompt is shown
To successfully exploit this vulnerability, an attacker must already have access
to a system running WebLog Expert and WebLog Expert Schedule Service using a
low-privileged user account
The vulnerability allows local attackers to escalate privileges and execute
arbitrary code as Local System aka Game Over.
Under Schedule Options, change default account that runs scheduled tasks