# Exploit Title: Rundeck Community Edition before 3.0.13 Multiple Stored
# Vendor Homepage: https://www.rundeck.com/open-source
# Software Link: https://docs.rundeck.com/downloads.html
# Exploit Author: Ishaq Mohammed
# Contact: https://twitter.com/security_prince
# Website: https://about.me/security-prince
# Category: webapps
# Platform: Java
# CVE: CVE-2019-6804
Cross-Site Scripting issues affecting multiple fields in the workflow
Invocation String, and File Extension field, the input from these fields
are rendered in the Execution Preview which is the sink of this
2. Proof of Concept:
Vulnerable Endpoints / Systems
Steps to Reproduce:
Login to Rundeck Server with valid credentials.
1. Navigate to any project in the instance.
2. Navigate to the jobs module
3. Select a job
4. From the right hand side drop down menu, select edit this job
5. Navigate to Workflow module
6. Scroll down to arguments field
7. Enter the following payload: <img/src="x"onerror=alert(19)
8. The same payload can be entered in the Advanced mode in the same module
in two other fields "Invokation String" and "File Extension"
9. Observe the payload getting executed in the "Execution Preview"
The issue is now patched by the vendor in version 3.0.13